Safe Routes to School Travel Plan (50 points)
- Note: Schools that already have a functional School Travel Plan do not need to do anything additional in order to receive points. You’re all set!
- What is a School Travel Plan?
- A School Travel Plan is a written document that outlines a school and community’s intentions for enabling students to walk or bike to and from school. It is developed through a team-based approach that involves the school, experts, and often, members of the public. The team works together to identify barriers to walking and biking and develops strategies to address them.
- Learn more here: http://saferoutes.vermont.gov/resources/miniguides#travelplan
- Utilizing your travel plan to inform your Safe Routes to School or Way to Go! work will also earn you points