Visit our Activities Descriptions page to get more detail on the activity options your school can choose from throughout the year. Select the activities or events that work best for you and your school, and get points for participating! (When Way to Go! to School is running in September, we will have a form available for you to record your activities.)
- Pick an event/activity from our list (or several, if you like)
- Do the event/activity with your school
- Let us know that you’ve completed the event (if you’re doing data collection, we’ll need the data as well)
- Sit back and watch the points add up for your school
Ready, Get Set, Go! (earn 10 points)
- Sign up for Way to Go!
- If you sign up for Way to Go! to School before September 1, 2018, you will get 20 points for signing up
Go! Big (earn 50 points each)
Way to Go! Challenge
- Spring 2019 (dates TBD)
- Fall 2018 & Spring 2019
Develop a Safe Routes to School Travel Plan with Support of Partners
- Already have a School Travel Plan? Good news! You already have 50 points!
- Contact Allegra Williams, or find a partner in your region
Add sustainable transportation into your curriculum
- science, STEM, social studies, civics, economics, drivers ed, or another subject area.
- Vermont Energy Education Program (VEEP) can support this work.
- Design Your Own Program
Keep Go!ing (earn 10 points per event)
Run a recurring event
- ex: Walking Wednesdays
- A school gets 10 points every time they run a Walking Wednesday
- Bring sustainable transportation curriculum to more than one class
- 50 points for the first class that integrates sustainable transportation programming into the curriculum and earn 10 points for each additional class that participates.
- Vermont Energy Education Program can support this work.
Go! Go! Go! (earn 20 points each)
- Carpool Day
- Park & Walk Day
Walk to School Day
- Suggested date: National Walk to School Day is Oct 10, 2018
Bike to School Day
- Suggested date: National Bike to School Day is May 9, 2019
Winter Walk to School Day
- Suggested date: February 6, 2019
Ride the Bus Day
- Suggested date: GMT’s Free Ride Day (TBD)
- Run a Bike Safety Program at your School
- Bring a Bicycling Presentation to your School
- Walk or Bike to a Field Trip
- Utilize your existing travel plan