Below is a list of the 2017 Way to Go! School Challenge prizes.
Prizes, awards and other incentives for the next School Challenge are coming soon!
Win a Solar Tracker for Your School, Plus Other Great Prizes!
In 2017, through the generous contribution of AllEarth Renewables, a randomly-selected qualified school (over 50% participation for at least one day) won a Solar Tracker for their school, providing a significant upfront cost and ongoing energy savings!
Winner of the Way-to-Go 2016 AllEarth Solar Tracker – Shelburne Community School. The Tracker will be producing 9,300 free kWh/year, making students, teachers, and staff (not to mention taxpayers) very happy.
Two brand-new ten-bike indoor bike rack systems were given away, a $2k value, courtesy of Local Motion.
The overall winner of the Way to Go! School Challenge and the school with the highest participation rate won a Carbon Cup to display in their school lobby for all to enjoy.
Carbon-Cutting Leader Awards
Other schools were awarded a custom-made Vermont license plate trophy for Carbon-cutting leadership, based on:
- Highest percentage of students on the bus
- Highest percentage of students, staff, and teachers walking, rolling or biking
- Best photo or video promoting the Way to Go! School Challenge shared to our Facebook or Twitter page. Share to our Facebook page here. Or, tag us on Twitter by using @WayToGoVT in your post.
- Best city school* (the highest participation of any transportation mode)
- Best rural school (the highest participation of any transportation mode)
Students who responded to the Way to Go! School Challenge writing prompt through the Young Writers Project were considered for publication in local newspapers, as well as VPR.net and VtDigger.org, during the challenge dates.
All winners were recognized during an appreciation ceremony, and announced through social media and in a statewide press release.